Find out what Nick Mabey and James Wise will be serving up as they compete in this year’s Coffee Masters Final
Nick Mabey – Coffee Amaro Negroni
- 20ml - Assembly Coffee Amaro
- 20ml - Campari
- 20ml - Sour Cherry Concentrate
- 20ml - Gin (Spirit of Hven) - selected for its delicate, clean body and citrus notes
In creating this Amaro the predominant botanical we’ve used is Kenya Kamwangi from Assembly Coffee. We’ve also used common Vermouth botanicals such as citrus zest and coriander to match some of the flavour characteristics of a classic Vermouth..
We’ve also created a sour cherry concentrate, preserved using Ascorbic acid, to add complexity and acidity to the drink.
Nick Mabey is Head of Quality at Assembly Coffee.
James Wise – Mexican Coffee
- 125ml Coffee - Finca Nueva Linda from Assembly Coffee
- 15ml ‘Assembly Plate Coffee Liqueur’ made by cooking coffee and tequila sous vide
- 15mlSan Cosme Mezcal - 100% Espadín Agave - Selected for distinct caramel notes
- 25m 23 Calle Reposado Tequila - 100& Tequilana Agave ages in Bourbon Oak - selected for sweetness and clean finish
- 125ml Cream
- 15ml Mezcal
- 10ml Agave
- 20ml H20
You can find James on the bar at China Plate Espresso where he is the Head Of Coffee.